Military Rebate Program
To honor your military service to our country, active or retired, Murray & Associates will credit you up to $1,550 of the commissions paid to us for our Listing or Selling services. Here’s how it works:
If you use our real estate services to sell your home or buy a home in the greater Colorado Springs area, Murray & Associates will apply to your settlement part of the gross commissions owed to us for our listing or selling services at a rate determined by the sales price, up to a maximum of $1,550.
*All examples based on the standard 3% listing, or 3% selling commission.
If you plan to sell a home in the greater Colorado Springs area and buy another home here using our real estate services for both sides of the transaction, Murray & Associates will apply the military rebate to both sides of the transaction.
How to Recognize This Reduction on Your Real Estate Documents
Our military commission rebate will appear on our listing agreement with a seller, or our agency agreement with a buyer. Because it is the seller who pays the real estate commissions, a credit for our seller will appear on that seller’s settlement statement. For our buyer, the credit will be applied to the buyer’s closing costs.
- Military rebate applies only to active or retired military personnel.
- Offer does not apply to distressed properties, i.e., those that are being sold “short” of total payments due to a lender nor to bank-owned properties.
- If both husband and wife are military, only one rebate will be credited.
- Offer is based on the Listing or Selling commission published in the Multiple Listing Service listing for each property.
- For buyers, offer must be executed as a commission reduction credited to closing costs and cannot be a cash payout unless approved by the buyer’s lender.
- Depending upon the type of loan (conventional, FHA, VA) and the loan-to-property-value (LTV) ratio, lending laws may limit the percentage of Buyer closing costs that can be paid by interested third parties (seller or buyer, real estate agent, etc.). Please check with your lender at your earliest convenience in qualifying for your loan.
- Murray & Associates does not increase its fees to cover this cost.